Mission

Join us as we see where God is present in our lives. We most definitely aren't walking with Him in the Garden of Eden despite the fact that so many are shedding clothes instead of covering themselves up. However I am willing to bet that God is closer to us than we think and that He has genuinely planted truth in the flesh of our hearts.



Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bruno Mars - Just the Way You Are

Wacky scheduling has prevented me from blogging the last couple weeks...but now Nuggets of Truth are back!! Let's jump right into it with Bruno Mars' Just the Way You Are...




This song has quickly become one of the most popular songs around. It's all over the radio, television, movies, etc. Personally, I think we as a culture have taken such a liking to this song because it hits at an issue that so many of us struggle with...self acceptance.

This has been an issue that I have struggled with greatly this year. It's hard to "Be Yourself" if you don't see yourself as being good enough, or if you see the people around you as being better than you in so many ways. This is a dangerous path that the devil tries so hard to lead us down. It is a path which leads towards low self esteem, bottled up anger, and very negative perceptions of those around you. It is a path which makes holiness very difficult, as it constantly reminds me that the person I am will never be good enough.

This song, on the other hand, attacks that mentality head on. It says "You're amazing just the way you are." This is a song that God has been singing to me all year. He's been screaming to me that he made me in his own image and likeness. He made me just the way he wanted me. He loves me just the way I am.

"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you" - Jeremiah 1:5


"Heavenly Father, thank you for creating me in your infinite love. Never let me forget that love you have for me. Help me to accept myself as the person you made me. Guide me, that I may fully become the person you have called me to be"

1 comment:

  1. Remember that there is plenty people that love you.. Just the way you are.

    ReplyDelete