Mission

Join us as we see where God is present in our lives. We most definitely aren't walking with Him in the Garden of Eden despite the fact that so many are shedding clothes instead of covering themselves up. However I am willing to bet that God is closer to us than we think and that He has genuinely planted truth in the flesh of our hearts.



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Honesty

As kids, I'm sure you were used to hearing, "Honesty is the best policy." or "The truth shall set you free." These are not new revelations. They've been with us since the beginning of time it seems. However, in the past few months, or even years, I have come to realize what it means to be honest with myself, a whole new dimension to just an honest opinion.

I was watching a clip from the show 90210 on YouTube and this line stuck out, "I don't think you can see this right now but you're being honest with yourself and everyone else. It's only going to lead to good things!" Personally this struck a core because I have reached a point in my discernment where I am being honest with myself and things are starting to make sense. In a broader, more general sense though I think what this quote gets at is the thought of personal acceptance.

Many of the pop artists, athletes, celebrities, and average people seek tangible evidence to know they are accepted. Pop artists look towards record sales and views and fans to feel accepted. Athletes look towards their pay checks. Celebrities look towards the number of Oscars they were nominated for. {I know I am playing off of stereotypes but you get the picture} The thing is, all of those tangible pieces of evidence are temporal and fleeting. Their lime-light comes and goes. However, a sense of personal acceptance, a sense of being honest with yourself will last much longer and have a greater impact.

If you want to go far, you have to be honest with yourself. You have to accept who you are. Be comfortable in your own skin. There is always going to be someone to love you. There is always going to be someone to care for you. There is always going to be someone to offer you an umbrella on a rainy day or shelter in a storm or whatever other type of analogy you want to use. Anyways, there will always be people who love you and there will always be people who don't. So be yourself. Be honest with who you are. Let good things happen.

From my own experience, in being honest with myself and with others I have found peace even in times of opposition. I know my family is by my side. I know my friends are my true friends because they love me for who I am and not for who I make myself out to be. Honesty has done a lot for me. What's it going to do for you?

1 comment:

  1. i believe whatever happens, if we stick on honesty, our ways/paths will be made by miracles!

    ReplyDelete