Mission

Join us as we see where God is present in our lives. We most definitely aren't walking with Him in the Garden of Eden despite the fact that so many are shedding clothes instead of covering themselves up. However I am willing to bet that God is closer to us than we think and that He has genuinely planted truth in the flesh of our hearts.



Friday, January 21, 2011

F***ing Perfect by P!nk



Cussing is no foreign concept to me. The Lord knows I struggle with it, and most of the guys in my house know i do too. However, I would be so comfortable with singing this song to anyone in need. Yes, the "F" word typically has a negative connotation but look at the emotion behind this song. Yes there are other words that could have been more appropriate, but let's face it, this song screams "P!NK"!

I'm not a girl but I have plenty of girl friends out there who have shared with me the struggles with identity, self image, and self esteem that I know the feeling. Shoot I've even faced all these issues; feeling inadequate, broken, lonely. I was even willing to leave seminary because I didn't feel good enough. I thought the critics wouldn't "like my jeans" or "get my hair" or who I was so I changed. "Why'd I do that?" To be honest I have no idea because I kept hearing God say to me (maybe not in these words) that I'm "f***ing perfect" the way I am. He's begging me (and you too) to realize that! Yes, God is asking us to change and grow and that is difficult, but he knows that we will mess up along the way and he's willing to forgive us. He wants us to be reconciled with him!

Jesus was not sent into a perfect world. He was sent to be the Way, the Truth and the Life. His mission is to help us reach perfection. He was given to us because of the love his father has for us! God wants us to grow in holiness. He wants us to grow in his love. He knows we will face temptations and that we will fall. He's also willing to forgive us for our screw ups. We mean a lot to God. We mean so much that no wrong turn or bad decision will make him turn his back on us! Then why do we beat ourselves up for mistakes we make? Why do we worry so much about what others say? Scripture tells us to fear the one who can kill the body and the soul, not just the one who can kill the body. So worry about what God will say to you about your actions. Worry about your creator's opinion; your Father's opinion. He should be the one you look to when you need advice and help.

Next time you feel belittled, listen to this song. Look at all you've survived. Send a prayer to God begging for forgiveness, asking for strength to persevere, and then thank him for always being by your side! Don't beat yourself up, help yourself move on. God sees all the potential inside you. You can be the best person out there or you can be the worst. What are you going to aim for?

Oh and drink responsibily. You should probably have more than just an ice cold beer (and if your under 21 you should sing ice cold milk).

No comments:

Post a Comment